Schedule your Bilingual Bash now
Call: (913) 226-6099 or email Sherry at firstname.lastname@example.org
Performances by Jennifer Daniels
Literacy, Math, Music and Movement
Hats off to the gifted Jennifer Daniels Neal for her fun-filled energetic performances. Jennifer Daniels has a MA Counseling, and is a Writer, Performer, Certified The Learning Groove music and movement teacher, Certified Autism Movement Therapist. Jennifer brought books to life through interactive rhythm and songs in both English and Spanish.
The Little Fig’s Premiere Bilingual Bash showcased her exuberant talents.
Bilingual Bash at the MAP!
Co-sponsored by The Little Fig and the Museum at Prairie Fire
Interactive stories and songs, designed to get kids and families excited about reading, creative self-expression, and singing in different languages. Please call or email for sponsorship and event information: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Nonfiction Writers Intensive (NWI) is a collaboration between Dr. Kathy Howe at Park University and The Little Fig publishing house, which began classes on January 18, 2019. The students and writers are awesome and the instructors are fantastic! A special thanks to Jenn Bailey and Tessa Elwood Sosa for sharing their expertise. Thank you, Kathy, for reaching out to The Little Fig for partnering in the development and implementation of this pilot program.
A very special “Thank you” to each and every author, illustrator, and literary agent who joined our team of talented professionals in 2018. We at The Little Fig are continually grateful for your trust in us. Your contributions of inspiring words and astonishing illustrations are key to more than a dozen multilingual picture books that will soon be ready for sharing with children worldwide.
A personal “Thank You” to the following:
- The freckled-faced children with beaming smiles as they deliver handmade notes of thanks
- Jenn Bailey and Tessa Elwood Sosa for edits, graphic designs, and most-valued friendships
- Deborah Shine for sharing both your wisdom and the talents of your team
- Dr. Kathy Howe at Park University for combining our visions for expanding literacy
- Heartland Writers for Kids and Teens critique group for sharing your sage and inspiring reviews
- Family and friends for patience, love, and support
- Gregg Yowell for masterfully and legally protecting all our works
- Barnes & Noble staff for expanding your multilingual children’s section with our books.
- Johnson County Libraries for placing our books on your shelves
- And so many more
As a team, you can be proud of the following highlighted achievements of 2018:
- Collaborating with Park University and developing NWI, a nonfiction writers program, open to authors worldwide and began classes this past week
- Ongoing use of The Little Fig’s Mandarin picture books for the Chinese Immersion Program in the Blue Valley School District
- Crafting multilingual children’s books with authors and illustrators around the globe.
- Packaging and selling several multilingual books to larger publishing houses – some titles are already in print
- Writing curriculum enhancement guides for larger publishing houses and for The Little Fig publications – guides include Common Core and STREAM standard tables.
- Initial phases of a 3-year initiative publishing 18-24 bilingual books for young children – (sought out for confidential development, creation and implementation)
The Little Fig team welcomes Shiela Fuller, author of a nonfiction picture book that shows the great steps children take to receive the education they deserve.
Just acquired, Lisa Simon’s playful nonfiction picture book showing interdependence of plants and animals. Lisa is represented by Leslie Zampetti at Dunham Literary, Inc. Illustrated by Meredith Lucius.
The Little Fig is delighted to announce Nancy Kelly Allen is joining our team of authors. We look forward to publishing two of her narrative nonfiction manuscripts in 2019. Illustrated by Jeremy Norton.
The Little Fig is pleased to acquire Matt Esenwine’s Everybody Counts! This multilingual manuscript features twelve children of diverse ethnicities festively exploring ethnic foods, native languages and more.
Ahmed Hassan and Wesley Erwin’s exquisitely written debut manuscript will help children worldwide. The Little Fig is honored to work with them on this forthcoming picture book series, with a debut planned release in 2019. Illustrated by Meryl Treatner.
The Little Fig has signed Juan for a new seven book series.
Juan is an entrepreneurial designer/illustrator from Mexico City.
Star Bright Books has purchased world rights to Juan de Lascurain’s bilingual picture book title.
Animal ABC bilingüe bilingual, a unique introduction to the ABCs, features animals whose names share a common beginning letter, regardless of language. Illustrated with the mosaic originality of Juan de Lascurain, this picture book’s planned release date is September 2018.
Presenting our renovated website with our new logo.
Why the change?
Simple. The Little Fig has grown in the services and products we provide. We continue publishing multilingual children’s books and have expanded into book packaging and products for inspiring kids to explore more.
Blue Valley School District #229 has chosen The Little Fig to publish Mandarin-only picture books, Frog Has No Fur and Dinosaurs Count for the launch of their August 2017 Kindergarten Chinese Immersion Program. Check out the books: Frog Has No Fur and Dinosaurs Count.
Juan de Lascurain, famous worldwide for his vibrant mosaic works of art, has signed with The Little Fig to launch three debut children’s picture books.
The Little Fig Fans, Friends & Family – Fun in 2016
A GINORMOUS THANK YOU to all our Fig fans, friends and family for a fabulous year bringing our bilingual books into your communities. (Read more)
Barnes & Noble 2016 Teacher Appreciation Event
2016 began with a great time at Barnes & Noble. Kids and adults enjoyed Christine Peterson reading the English / Spanish languages in The Little Fig’s bilingual picture books. (Read more)
The Little Fig Friends – Fun in 2015
A huge thanks to friends, family, Johnson County Libraries, Barnes & Noble, Bank of Blue Valley, El Padrino, Filipino Association of Greater KC, and everyone who participated in making our 2015 a fun year to remember. (Read more)
Frog Has No Fur, Herds of Birds, and Oh How Absurd are each now published in English + 10 additional languages.