The Little Fig is an independent publisher and packager of books for children. We focus on fiction and nonfiction picture books, early readers, and chapter books. We accept manuscripts and art samples from both agented and unagented authors and illustrators.
What we are looking for:
- Concept books
- Historical, both fiction and nonfiction
What we are Not looking for:
Please submit your work in one of the following three ways:
Email Submissions are sent to email@example.com
Subject Line: Write “Submission – (Your last name) – (Title of the book or artwork)”.
Please Include the following in the body of the email (WE WILL NOT OPEN ATTACHMENTS!):
- Query Letter: Please make this short, sweet, and interesting. Keep it to three paragraphs with a total of 300 words or less. In the first paragraph, tell us the title, genre, and word count of your book. Hook us. In paragraph two, give us a brief summary of your book. Tell us what makes it special and leave us wanting more. In paragraph three tell us why you want to work with Little Fig. Do you have any other titles/projects you think we’d like to know about?
- Author Bio: Short and sweet and please include your contact information, previous publications and/or organizations you participate in that are relevant to writing or the concept of your book.
- Manuscript and/or Artwork: Please submit the entire manuscript and/or artwork in the body of the email. Reminder – attachments are not opened and will not be reviewed.
- Response Time: Please allow three months for our team to review your submissions. We will personally respond to each submission received. If you have not heard from us after three months, please feel free to status query by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the words “status query” in the subject line.
Snail Mail Submissions are sent to:
The Little Fig, LLC
P.O. Box 26073
Overland Park, KS 66225
Please do NOT send original materials.