The Little Fig has expanded to bring in The Big Fig books. titles for young adults. As traditional publishers we team together with authors and illustrators whose focus is aligned with our vision to discover new worlds. We are interested in original works of diverse fiction, nonfiction, multilingual picture books for kids, early readers, chapter books, and young adult novels. We currently accept manuscripts and art samples from agented and unagented authors and illustrators in English.
What we are looking for:
- Concept books
- Historical, both fiction and nonfiction
What we are Not looking for:
Please submit your work in one of the following three ways:
Email Submissions are sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject Line: Write “Submission – (Your last name) – (Title of the book or artwork)”.
Please Include the following in the body of the email (WE WILL NOT OPEN ATTACHMENTS!):
- Query Letter: Please make this short, sweet, and interesting. Keep it to three paragraphs with a total of 300 words or less. In the first paragraph, tell us the title, genre, and word count of your book. Hook us. In paragraph two, give us a brief summary of your book. Tell us what makes it special and leave us wanting more. In paragraph three tell us why you want to work with Little Fig. Do you have any other titles/projects you think we’d like to know about?
- Author Bio: Short and sweet and please include your contact information, previous publications and/or organizations you participate in that are relevant to writing or the concept of your book.
- Manuscript and/or Artwork: For picture books, please submit the entire manuscript and/or artwork in the body of the email. Young adult fiction and nonfiction may be submitted with your choice of 3 chapters. Be sure to have contact information, including phone numbers. Chapter books need to include numbered pages. Reminder – attachments are not opened and will not be reviewed.
- Response Time: Please allow three months for our team to review your submissions. We will personally respond to each submission received. If you have not heard from us after three months, please feel free to status query by sending an email to email@example.com with the words “status query” in the subject line.
Snail Mail Submissions are sent to:
The Little Fig and/or The Big Fig
P.O. Box 26073
Overland Park, KS 66225
Please do NOT send original materials.