News & Events
Buck often said “You can indeed get further in this life
with love [rather] than hate”.
Author: Kristy Nerstheimer - Illustrator: Christian Paniagua
Endearingly remembered by his friend Bob Kendrick, President of the NLBM as “a great baseball player and better man. Buck O’Neil personified grace, love, and joy in every aspect of life”.
Our thanks to all who bring Buck's story to children across the land!
Look for these and more children's books being released in 2021!
Our hearts go out to all who continue to suffer from the worldwide COVID-19 pandemic. We are saddened by the loss of loved ones both in our circle and throughout the globe. We remain hopeful it will soon be eradicated. Thank you for your patience and your continuing support.
Our team wishes to express gratitude to these nonprofit organizations, professionals, volunteers, business affiliates, and the collaborations with so many others who join our mission to offer multilingual books and products that promote positive emotional health and wellness to children across the globe:
SCBWI British Isle Special Feature
When US writer and publisher Sherry Bushue came across an illustration by British SCBWI member Emma Graham on Facebook, she reached out to her. Words and pictures brings the story of how a transatlantic working relationship was born.
Performances by Jennifer Daniels
Literacy, Math, Music and Movement
Hats off to the gifted Jennifer Daniels Neal for her fun-filled energetic performances. Jennifer Daniels has a MA Counseling, and is a Writer, Performer, Certified The Learning Groove music and movement teacher, Certified Autism Movement Therapist. Jennifer brought books to life through interactive rhythm and songs in both English and Spanish.
The Little Fig’s Premiere Bilingual Bash showcased her exuberant talents.
Schedule your Bilingual Bash now!
Call: (913) 226-6099 or email Sherry at email@example.com
Bilingual Bash at the MAP!
Co-sponsored by The Little Fig and the Museum at PrairieFire
Interactive stories and songs, designed to get kids and families excited about reading, creative self-expression, and singing in different languages. Please call or email for sponsorship and event information: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
Congratulations to both authors and instructors for all you have done in making NWI a great success!
The Nonfiction Writers Intensive (NWI) is a collaboration between Dr. Kathy Howe at Park University and The Little Fig publishing house, which began classes on January 18, 2019. The students and writers are awesome and the instructors are fantastic! A special thanks to Jenn Bailey and Tessa Elwood Sosa for sharing their expertise. Thank you, Kathy, for reaching out to The Little Fig for partnering in the development and implementation of this pilot program.
A personal “Thank You” to the following:
- The freckled-faced children with beaming smiles as they deliver handmade notes of thanks
- Jenn Bailey and Tessa Elwood Sosa for edits, graphic designs, and most-valued friendships
- Deborah Shine for sharing both your wisdom and the talents of your team
- Dr. Kathy Howe at Park University for combining our visions for expanding literacy
- Heartland Writers for Kids and Teens critique group for sharing your sage and inspiring reviews
- Family and friends for patience, love, and support
- Gregg Yowell for masterfully and legally protecting all our works
- Barnes & Noble staff for expanding your multilingual children’s section with our books.
- Johnson County Libraries for placing our books on your shelves
- And so many more
- Collaborating with Park University and developing NWI, a nonfiction writers program, open to authors worldwide and began classes this past week
- Ongoing use of The Little Fig’s Mandarin picture books for the Chinese Immersion Program in the Blue Valley School District
- Crafting multilingual children’s books with authors and illustrators around the globe.
- Packaging and selling several multilingual books to larger publishing houses – some titles are already in print
- Writing curriculum enhancement guides for larger publishing houses and for The Little Fig publications – guides include Common Core and STREAM standard tables.
- Initial phases of a 3-year initiative publishing 18-24 bilingual books for young children – (sought out for confidential development, creation and implementation)
Juan de Lascurain entrepreneurial designer/ illustrator from Mexico City.
Animal ABC bilingüe bilingual, a unique introduction to the ABCs, features animals whose names share a common beginning letter, regardless of language. Illustrated with the mosaic originality of Juan de Lascurain. The Little Fig has signed Juan for a new seven book series as well as Star Bright Books has purchased world rights to Juan de Lascurain’s bilingual picture book title.
Sneak a peek at Juan’s at DreamBigWorld.com.
New Logo. Why the change?
The Little Fig has grown in the services and products we provide. We continue publishing multilingual children’s books and have expanded into book packaging and products to inspiring kids around the world to explore more.
The Little Fig is officially a registered trademark in the United States Patent and Trademark office.
Blue Valley School District #229 has chosen The Little Fig to publish Mandarin-only picture books, Frog Has No Fur and Dinosaurs Count for the launch of their August 2017 Kindergarten Chinese Immersion Program. Check out the books: Frog Has No Fur and Dinosaurs Count.
The Little Fig Fans, Friends & Family - Fun in 2016
A GINORMOUS THANK YOU to all our Fig fans, friends and family for a fabulous year bringing our bilingual books into your communities.
Barnes & Noble, Country Club Plaza, MO
Barnes & Noble, Zona Rosa, Gladstone, MO
Dia de los ninos, Johnson County Library, Overland Park, KS
KKFI 90.1 FM Arts Talk, Maria Vasquez Boyd, Kansas City, MO
Victoria Station Bookstore, TX
Bonnie Ferante – Books for Children, Thunder Bay, ON, Canada
Blue Valley, Shawnee Mission and Olathe School Districts,
Kristin Kuckelman, New Stanley Elementary, KCK Public Schools, KS
Fairy Tales Imagery, Inc, CO
Johnson County Libraries, 10 locations, KS
Heartland Writers for Kids & Teens (HWKT), KS
A Writer’s Blog, Tracey M. Cox
Filipino Association of Greater KC, Overland Park, KS
Bank of Blue Valley, KS
Numerous non-profit organizations who graciously invited us in.
FB, Twitter, Google+, YouTube and other media sites
Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Ingram, Kindle, Kobo
Barnes & Noble, Leawood, KS
The Little Fig Friends - Fun in 2015
A huge thanks to friends, family, Johnson County Libraries, Barnes & Noble, Bank of Blue Valley, El Padrino, Filipino Association of Greater KC, and everyone who participated in making our 2015 a fun year to remember.
We loved meeting everyone and took great pleasure in providing books for children to read in their native languages.
Giggles from adults and smiles on the children’s faces are absolutely priceless!
Thanks you all for helping our dreams a reality.
Frog Has No Fur, Herds of Birds, and Oh How Absurd are each now published in English + 10 additional languages.